This quick recipe turns yomogi mochi into crunchy okaki (rice crackers) covered with sweet and savory Japanese flavors.
- 2 Yomogi Mochi(cut into 1cm cubes)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread the cut pieces of mochi on the baking tray. The mochi will expand once cooked and will stick to each other if placed too close to one another. Bake in the oven for 15 mins.
- While baking, mix the soy sauce, sugar and water in a bowl.
- Remove the mochi from the oven, place in the bowl from step 3 and coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Strain the excess sauce from the mochi, place back on the baking tray, and bake for 5 more mins at 150°C/302°F. Turn off the oven and let sit for another 5 mins. Serve hot and crunchy!