Takikomi gohan combines quintessential Japanese flavors with seasonal vegetables and protein to create a comforting seasoned rice dish.
- 150g uncooked rice
- 195ml water
- 35mlTonton-Byoshi Pork Donburi Sauce
- ½ sheet ofaburaage (fried tofu) (diced)
- ⅓ carrot (diced)
- 3 shiitake mushrooms (diced)
- ¼ package konnnyaku (diced)
- 30g chicken thighs
- Wash the rice, then place it in a rice cooker or pot. Soak in 195ml of water for at least 30 mins.
- Stir in the Tonton-Byoshi Pork Donburi Sauce.
- Mix in the diced aburaage, carrots, mushrooms, konnyaku and chicken.
- Cook as per the instructions of your rice cooker or simmer while covered on a stove top until the rice is cooked. Mix well and serve.