A simple dish that can be enjoyed on its own or served atop a bowl of hot steamy rice.
- Half block of tofu
- Oil for cooking
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 150g pork belly
- 35mlTonton-Byoshi Pork Donburi Sauce
- 15ml water
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Shichimi Togarashi (Seven Spice Blend)* to taste
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and let sit to remove excess water.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and pork belly. Stir until slightly cooked.
- Add the Tonton-Byoshi Pork Donburi Sauce and water then simmer.
- Add the tofu by separating it into chunks by hand. Cover and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Serve in a bento or bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or shichimi togarashi.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package