RECIPE: Pork Belly Somen Chanpuru
Chanpuru is a traditional stir fry dish from Okinawa, Japan’s southernmost tropical islands. This variation includes somen noodles, green cabbage and sliced pork belly for a quick and comforting meal. Feel free to substitute your favorite vegetables.
Servings: 1 serving
- 100g Wind Somen Noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 50g cabbage (cut into 3cm pieces)
- 60g pork belly (thinly sliced into 3cm pieces)
- ½ tsp dashi powder*
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Dash of Iwai’s Sesame Chili Oil (optional)
- Prepare the somen noodles according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Add the sesame oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add the cabbage and pork belly. Stir until the pork has cooked through.
- Add the noodles, dashi, salt and black pepper. Stir over high heat to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve with a dash of Iwai’s sesame chili oil if desired.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package