A light refreshing side dish full of traditional Japanese flavors.
- 4 servings (~6oz) of mustard greens (can substitute with your favorite leafy greens such as spinach, kale, swiss chard, turnip tops, etc)
- 1 tsp soy sauce*
- 2 tbsp Kacchu Miso
- 1 tbsp sugar or mirin
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Optional toppings: katsuobushi flakes and/or sesame seeds
- Blanch the leafy greens for 30-45 secs then plunge into iced/cold water. Squeeze to remove water.
- Pour the soy sauce on top of the greens and squeeze again. This is called “soy sauce washing” and is used to improve taste, add flavor and help remove excess water.
- Cut the greens into 2” pieces and mix with the Kacchu Miso, sugar/mirin and vinegar.
- Serve and top with katsuobushi flakes and/or sesame seeds if desired.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package