RECIPE: Spring Pea Soup
Makes: 4 servings
Total cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (reserve 1/4 cup for later)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 onion
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Okra Powder (featured in our July Nourishing Essentials Care Package)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt. Stir continuously until translucent and caramelized (about 5-7 min).
- Add peas and another pinch of salt. Stir until heated through (2-3 minutes). Add coconut milk, hot water and remainder of salt. Heat until just before boiling (5-7 minutes). Whisk in the okra powder, stir for a couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into bowls. If you have some left over coconut milk, add a spoonful to each bowl and give it a gentle swirl. Garnish with green onions and peas.
Recipe courtesy of Kristin Eriko Posner, founder Nourish Co.