RECIPE: Simmered Chicken and Cabbage
- 2 servings of chicken thighs
- 350 g (1/4 pieces) cabbage
- 25g raisins
- 4 tbsp of Aged Red Wine Vinegar from our August Nourishing Essentials Care Package
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 piece of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (desired amount)
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Cut cabbage into 1.5 cm wide pieces. Garlic is finely chopped.
- Put cabbage in a pot. Sprinkle garlic and raisins to make it even. Put the chicken thighs and bay leaf on top of it and lightly salt and pepper. Add sugar, red wine vinegar and white wine.
- Cook on low heat until the chicken thighs are thoroughly cooked. Add water when it seems to burn along the way.
- Spread chicken skin in a cold pan (no oil) and bake over low heat until crisp. Take out, remove any excess oil and cut thinly.
- Plate the cooked chicken thighs and serve with cabbage and raisins. Put crisp chicken skins from 4 on top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
For a nice lunch, enjoy it with a baguettes and champagne. Dried cranberries or prunes can also be used instead of raisins.
Recipe from Asaya Vinegar: https://www.asayafoods.com