RECIPE: Salmon Teriyaki
Recipe by Fiona Uyema, author of Japanese Food Made Easy and founder of Fused by Fiona Uyema Ltd. You can find her at @fionauyema and @fusedbyfionauyema
Everyone loves this salmon teriyaki recipe so it’s perfect for a family meal – it’s one of the most talked about recipes at my cooking classes. The perfect combination of flavours in the salmon and the sweet teriyaki sauce make this an all-time favourite in households across the world and on menus in both Asian and non-Asian restaurants.
- Vegetable oil
- 2 fillets salmon
Handful of sesame seeds to garnish
- 4 tbsp Fused Clever Classic soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
1. Combine the soy sauce and honey in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
2. Pour a little vegetable oil into a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat.
3. Place the salmon fillets (skin-side down) on the frying pan and sear both sides of the fish.
4. When the fish is nearly cooked (place the salmon fillets skin-side down at this point) pour the teriyaki sauce over it.
5. Use a large spoon to continually pour the sauce over the fish fillets while continuing to fry.
6. Fry until the teriyaki sauce is reduced to the consistency of a syrup.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Keep a close eye on the teriyaki sauce as it can quickly reduce on a high heat and start to burn.