RECIPE: Udon Alla Puttanesca
This fun take on Italian spaghetti alla puttanesca combines Japanese noodles with an authentic Neapolitan sauce.
- 250g udon noodles (we recommend using 5 Grain Beauty Udon)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 dry chili peppers (chopped)
- 25g anchovies in oil
- 10g capers
- 800g tomatoes (peeled)
- 100g black olives
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the udon noodles as per the directions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Separately, cook the oil, garlic and chili peppers in a large pan for 2 mins on high heat.
- Reduce the heat and add the anchovies and capers. Cook for 5 mins stirring often.
- Add the peeled tomatoes and cook for 10 mins. Then add the olives and fresh chopped parsley.
- Add the udon noodles and cook together for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.