RECIPE: Tofu Steaks with Garlic Butter Soy Sauce
Garlic and butter add a savory taste to these crispy tofu steaks.
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 400g tofu (firm works best)
- 10g flour (extra fine)
- 20g salted butter
- Coriander (garnish)
- 3 tbsp mentsuyu (double concentrated)
- 2 tbsp sweet sake
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- Cut the tofu vertically into 6 equal strips. Wrap in paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Unwrap tofu and sprinkle with flour.
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Add tofu and cook on all sides until crispy and brown. Turn off the heat. Mix in the seasoning to fully cover each tofu stick (careful to not break the tofu sticks).
- Plate and garnish with coriander if desired.