RECIPE: Sesame and Soy Yuba Noodle Bowl
Yuba adds a smooth buttery taste and texture to this light refreshing noodle bowl.
- 2 servings of soba or udon noodle (try using the 100% Soba or Mozuku Udon from our Zuru Zuru Noodles: “Yui” Care Package)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 4–5 leaves spinach (cleaned, stripped and julienned)
- 1 spicy chili pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3-4 tsp soy sauce*
- ½ lime or lemon
- 2 sheets of Yuba (cut the desired amount noodle sized)
- Sesame seeds to garnish
*Available in our Creative Beginnings Redefining “Wa” Care Package
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Soak the yuba in room temperature water for 3 mins, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or wok. Add the garlic, ginger, spinach and chili peppers. Stir fry using for 2-3 mins.
- Add the noodles and mix in the sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat and squeeze on the lime or lemon juice.
- Serve in bowls or plates, topped with the yuba and sesame seeds to garnish.