RECIPE: Genmaicha (Brown Rice Tea) and Shochu
Genmaicha adds an earthy, nutty flavor to shochu in this refreshing cocktail!
Prep time: 3 mins
Cooking time: 0 mins
- ⅕ cup of shochu
- ½ cup of Genmaicha (brown rice tea) (available in our Japanese Green and Specialty Teas: “Ryu” Care Package)
- Ice cubes
- Brew the genmaicha according to the package instructions. Leave to cool.
- Put ice cubes in a glass. Pour over the shochu, then top with genmaicha.
- Adjust the shochu and genmaicha to your desired strength.
- If you don’t have time to let the tea cool, you can make a stronger tea and add more ice cubes.
Recipe courtesy of Miwa's Japanese Cooking Class
Miwa was born in Kamakura. She spent one year in Texas, US and another year in California, US during high-school and university respectively. In 2016, due to her husband, Yuki’s study abroad, she spent one year in Cambridge, UK where she came up with the original idea of Japanese Cooking Class in Shinagawa & Kamakura. She is currently teaching at the biggest cooking studio in Japan while holding a class at home. She is the mother of two and a full-time worker. Always busy her food is not for tourists but for the taste of a Japanese mother.(See her Instagram for food pictures). If you want to know the a well-balanced, time-saving and delicious Japanese family cuisine, please join her lesson!
Qualification; Medicinal cooking.