RECIPE: Cold Soba Noodles with Green Veggies and Ginger Dressing
The perfect combination of Asian style stir fry veggies and tofu served on a bed of cold soba noodles.
- 200g extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 100g green beans
- 100g broccoli
- 100g asparagus
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp black pepper
- 200g soba noodles (we recommend using 100% Soba Noodles or Luxury Matcha Soba)
- Oil for frying
For the Ginger Dressing
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce*
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar*
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and let it rest for about 15 mins to remove excess water. Cut into bite-size cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the cubes of tofu and stir fry for 4-5 mins, but before they turn golden brown.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok on high heat and add the crushed garlic. Fry for 1 mins while making sure it doesn’t burn.
- Reduce the heat and add the green beans, broccoli and asparagus. Cook until the vegetables are tender and slightly golden brown. Add the salt and black pepper, cook for 1 more minute, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles as per the directions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Serve the noodles in a bowl mixed with the tofu, cooked vegetables and dressing.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package