RECIPE: Boiled Pork and Broccoli with Umeboshi Paste
Umeboshi adds a hint of tartness to this umami flavored dish with tender pork and broccoli.
- 1 serving of broccoli (chopped)
- 200g sliced pork
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sake
- 3-4 tbsp umeboshi paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (we recommend Marunaka's soy sauce from our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package)
- 1 tbsp dashi powder (available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- White sesame seeds
- Shredded chili pepper
- Boil water in a pot and add the broccoli. Remove and strain once cooked.
- Cut pork into 3cm pieces.
- Boil another pot of water, add salt, sake and pork. Remove and strain once cooked the pork is cooked then rinse with water.
- In a side bowl, mix all the ingredients to make the sauce. Add the boiled broccoli and pork. Mix again o the the broccoli and pork are coated in the sauce,
- Plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds or top with shredded chili pepper.