Fried Squash with Shio Koji Cream Cheese Sauce
I made this dish as an appetizer when my friend came to visit. We just couldn’t stop enjoying the layers of flavor; sweetness from squash, saltiness from shiokoji, sourness from lemon juice and creamy flavor from cream cheese. You may also use sweet potato if you like.
- 1.5 tsp of Shio Koji from our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package
- 60g of cream cheese
- 500g squash
- Parsley as you like
- Oil to deep-fry
- Lemon as you like
- Cut parsley into small pieces. Cut squash into bite size slices.
- Mix cream cheese, shiokoji and parsley well in a bowl.
- Heat oil to deep-fry in a pot. Deep-fry squash.
- Serve with sauce to dip or drizzle sauce on top. Serve with lemon.
Recipe courtesy of Mayuko Okada of Mayuko's Little Kitchen
Mayuko's class is well suited for people who would like to enjoy local Japanese culture and a homestyle Japanese meal cooked in an actual Japanese home. It's an entirely different experience from a "studio-type" cooking class, and we are sure you will enjoy the personal attention.
Mayuko's Little Kitchen has won the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for each of the past three years, awarded to only the top 10% of service providers. She was chosen as one of the TOP 10 activities in all of Japan ("Foreign visitors' favorite experiences/tours in Japan 2018" on Trip Advisor). Her cooking class has also been featured on national TV programs.